Dźwierzuty (Menzelsgut) is one of the oldest villages in the district of Szczytno. Documents of the location are from the end of the fourteenth century. About 1374 Grand Master of the Teutonic Knights donated the surrounding land the knight Menzel von Wildenau, who built a fortified castle there. In the seventeenth century the village has gained permission to organize fairs, and in the eighteenth century Tax Office had its headquarters here. To the historic artifacts of Dźwierzuty Neo-Gothic Catholic Church of the Most Holy Trinity has to be included. An Original outfit has been preserved in it, with the main altar with statues of angels, two side altars, pulpit, confessionals and benches. They are also neo-Gothic stained glass windows. There is in the village also one of the best preserved Protestant cemeteries in Mazury. The old cemetery is located close to the Evangelical church, with its northern part. Preserved here are: cast iron and forged steel crosses, gravestones, fence and unique decorated slabs made from black glass mass.
The history of evangelic chuch in Dźwierzuty dates back to the fourteenth century. It was built on a rectangular plan in the late Gothic style. Tower on a square plan is made from Gothic brick, has three floors and was strengthened by buttresses at the corners. The church was rebuilt after a fire in 1691 and his character has obtained additional elements typical of Baroque. For example, the summit of the tower is baroque. The interior of the church has preserved the original Protestant equipment. The altar dates from year 1599 and in the middle tier it shows carved vision of "Crucifixion". In the side wings of the altar there are portraits of Luther and Melanchthon. Pulpit temple was founded in 1675. On the wall of the chancel is a plaque dedicated to Julius von Quiesa (former owner Małszewko), who was killed in Cameroon. At the top of the chancel is a metal flag with the date 1695. The windows are stained glass windows donated by parishioners. The church was equipped with first organ about 1750, built by the organ-builder Christoph Heinrich Obuch. Unfortunately, this instrument has not been preserved